Washington, D.C. applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for a PPIP internship:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be in good standing at Texas A&M University.
- Be enrolled in Texas A&M University as an undergraduate, master’s, or Ph.D. student.*
- Have a minimum 3.0 overall GPR. **
- Have completed at least 60 hours (including transfer hours) by the time of their internship and at least one semester of full-time enrollment at Texas A&M.
- Have valid health insurance during their internship.
- Be able to attend all pre-departure events held in College Station.
*Graduating seniors are allowed to participate in the program during the long semester after they graduate. For example, December graduates can participate the following spring, August graduates can participate the following fall, and May graduates can participate the following summer or fall. Graduate students cannot intern after they graduate. (Interested students should contact the PPIP staff for more information.)
**Students with a 2.8+ may apply with additional application materials (additional letter of recommendation and a personal statement explaining why their GPR is below a 3.0).